Frequently Asked Questions About Umrah
Q1. How many times a year does Qalam go to umrah? What's the difference between each program?
- Once in the spring in Seerah Umrah,
- Once in the winter in Winter Umrah,
- Our hajj program includes umrah in the first few days. Once we complete umrah, we embark on hajj.
Q2. Is there financial aid, family or other discounts available for umrah?
- Unfortunately, we do not have financial aid available.
- Early bird discounts are available for most of our travel, and this applies to umrah as well. Please reach out to email@example.com after reading the rest of our FAQ, and we can help you in time for you to make the discount!
- Rooms have a maximum capacity of four people as per hotel policy.
Q3. If I am not located in the U.S., can I still fulfill umrah with you?
- Yes, we would love to have you join us! Alhamdulillah, our travel groups have people from all over the world.
- However, we recommend reading the entireity of the travel program you want to come to. Our partners at Dar El Salam are more than willing to help you throughout the visa and travel process.
- Please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, and we can help you with your flight arrangements.
Q4. Which airport do you leave from? Are there connecting flights?
- We leave from JFK International in New York, however, we have land packages available that Dar El Salam can help you arrange. Please see the program you're looking at for more details.
- There may be connecting flights to JFK, however, there is no guarantee.
Q5. Do women need a mahram in order to go to Saudi Arabia?
- Alhamdulillah, the Saudi Government requires a notarized letter from your guardian that permits you to travel, so long as you are with the Qalam Umrah group.
- If you are a sister under the age of 45 traveling without your mahram, you must travel from JFK with our group leader to Saudi Arabia.
Q6. I have another question...
Ready to register?